A Status Update of Stuff!

A lot’s been going on the past month or two. I programmed a game! I’ve started moving Legends of Localization to its own site! I had a MOTHER 2 live stream party playthrough wacky weird day with the Fangamer folks when the game was re-released in Japan earlier this week! I did other stuff I forget!

At some point when things slow down (if they do?) I’ll make more detailed posts about all sorts of new stuff, but right now the big question I’ve been getting is what’s up with Legends of Localization. As mentioned, I’m in the middle of moving LoL over to its own dedicated site. Most of it is already over there now, I think. I’m in the middle of converting and moving the EarthBound/Mother 2 comparison stuff over to the site too. Once I’m done with that, I’m going to jump back into normal updates with Mother 3 and Final Fantasy IV. What I’m thinking of doing is rather than spend a week or a month on a single page, I’ll update sections/pages with smaller updates on a more regular basis.

I also haven’t discounted the idea of pausing Mother 3 yet again so I can power through the Mother 1/EarthBound Zero comparison as discussed here, but I feel really bad for leaving FFIV hanging for so long that I probably shouldn’t. What I need is more time in the dayyyyy

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

19 Responses to “A Status Update of Stuff!”

Don’t worry, you’re not the only one who wishes a day had more hours. XD Just take your time.

I agree with the above comment. I feel like all I ever have time to do nowadays is wake up, go to work, come home, eat, check my updates (Like reading my Twitter, that’s what brought me here), and go to sleep. Then wake up in time for work again. While I can’t wait to see more Mother 3 stuff, I understand that there isn’t a lot of time for just one person to work with.

3. I was wondering what was up with LoL, but i’m too polite to ask. I was thinking for a while that the M2/EB comparison should be on the same site as the other comparisons, so i’m glad you’re doing that. I like the idea of the mini-updates, as well. However, don’t feel the need to rush yourself just for our sakes. Take all the time you need, and don’t let any other work suffer just for the sake of LoL.

4. Screwtape says:

So, I really want to read all the latest Legends of Localisation stuff, but the RSS feed on the site is broken – http://legendsoflocalization.com/feed/ gives me “404 file not found”.

I just realized that since LoL isn’t really a blog it won’t have a working blog feed. Hmm, I’m not sure how to handle listing recent updates now.

5. Matt says:

Is that you in the commercial for Sweet33?

6. skyrunner14 says:

Since Mother is shorter than Mother 3, I’d love to see that comparison before you continue M3. That’s just me though… and the fact Mother 1 is my favorite game in the series. :p

7. Kyosuke says:

Whoa, the new LoL site looks nice!

8. SomeUser says:

On the new EarthBound page for LoL, I think there’s an error…but I’m not sure.
    Winters page, They Might Be Giants
    The alt text is “I’m not smarter than a fifth grader ”
    So is this intentional for the “I’m not smarter than a fifth grader” joke or an error or something? I’m confused :<

9. Darien says:

Ah, now that you’ve finished the new LOL site, I suppose I need to get off my buttocks and harvest more FF4 screenshots. For science! :-D

10. Hey Mato, i don’t know where to put this, so i’ll just stick it on the most recent news post.

I got your letter with my FanGamer package the other day, and i just wanted to let you know i’ll get started on that duotone version of the logo pretty soon.

No worries or rush or anything – it’s honestly going to be a really long time until it even gets time to worry about the books. It’s gonna take forever to put one together :(

• Okay, i just figured get it done right away and get it out of the way. I still need to find time to do it, anyway, but once i get started, i’m sure it won’t take me long to complete.

11. Cait says:

Hey mato~ I know you’re not lookin for a new project…. XD
    but~

Over in the Phantasy Star world, a guy was working on a phantasy star portable 2 infinity patch, but it got scrapped in favor of… a guide. (wut? x_X)

^
    Soooo if you ever need a new project XD

It would make a lot of people really happy :3

12. I don’t know if this is worth a full email, so i’ll just drop it here: There’s an interesting 4 minute video on the 3DS’s eShop about the localization process on the upcoming Animal Crossing game. It has five people in it, including Nate Bildorf.