A Question for Legends of Localization Readers!

Something I’ve debated doing for a while now is allowing people to comment on individual pages on my Legends of Localization projects. Like, each individual page that takes up a chapter or town or whatever. An example of what I mean is this. Would it be good to allow comments at the bottom of pages like that?

Is this something that would be good to have? Or do you feel it might detract from the pure info dump-ness of it all? Let me know!

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

17 Responses to “A Question for Legends of Localization Readers!”

1. @warm_concrete says:

It’s okay, why not. Just make them expandable.

2. Hon says:

I’m not sure if you want internet dopes to be able to leak onto your nice, clean pages, but yeah, as long as they’re hidden by default. Still, part of me just wants to read your translations/analysis…seeing “32 comments” at the bottom of the page would take me out of it a little, and I might be compelled to click and read some out of habit. I really do like the simple experience that you have here.

3. Darien says:

I’m for it. Having comments on the pages could help to spark discussion about points that potentially could be overlooked, whereas people can always just not read them if they aren’t interested. It could also serve as a decent way to discuss the true minutiae that you don’t want to fill up the main text with, but that the real hardcore fans may wish to get into.

4. Esper says:

I don’t think it would detract anything.

5. I think it’s a good idea.

6. meguka says:

I guess, because if someone has something to say then they have a place to say it.

If you could make them hidden by default though that would be great.

7. SomeUser says:

I think it’d be nice. You wouldn’t have to comment on the update article, you could comment on the article itself. I guess.

It would be a good way for people to post their theories on stuff that you aren’t sure about. One thing I still haven’t emailed you about regarding the EB Vs. M2 one is the “Threek > Threed” issue. Everyone always says stuff about “Three K” and the like, but I think it could just be “Three” and “Eek” fused together (as in, the sound a person makes when they’re scared, which would fit with the horror theme the town has at first). Considering I’ve had that theory for a very long time now, I think allowing comments might let people voice their ideas a little more easily. Although I agree with everyone who suggests keeping them hidden by default.

9. Toal says:

A comments section can’t really hurt as long as people keep it civilized, which I can’t say the folks that usually hang around here are not. Unless I keep missing all the flame wars.

10. MotherFan says:

That would be AWESOME!!! Please put a comments section up!

As long as you mod them, I don’t think it can hurt.

12. Magicxgame says:

I’m not a fan of Internet comments (the irony), but I think it’s a good idea since you can see any questions or whatnot.

13. CheapGame52 says:

It’s a great idea to have comments.

14. HankHillSandwich says:

Why’d you stop doing the journal entries? Just curious.