Another New Release: King of Thorn

Another thing I worked on is being released next week – it’s a movie called “King of Thorn” and was a ton of fun to work on!

The beginning reminded me a lot of a mix between Willy Wonka and The Mist, and the latter half is just a crazy mind bending weirdness that only Japanese entertainment can do. If that sounds interesting at all, check it out! Here it is on Amazon for cheaper than MSRP:

7 Responses to “Another New Release: King of Thorn”

Okay, that was creepy as hell. To be honest, it looked like a really violent hentai. >_>; But… aside from all the blood and weird scenes that give off a sexual vibe, it sounds like an interesting idea. I’m always for an apocalyptic thriller, especially in anime form. I’ll have to give it a try, especially if you worked on it. :,D But… I’m scared. I might need convincing…

No, it’s not a hentai, don’t worry. It’s been a while since I last saw it but I don’t recall any nudity or sex, but if there is any then it’s probably not too bad given that I don’t remember any of it 😛

2. “Basically, a terrible virus that turns people to stone breaks out worldwide. A tech company has developed some cryogenic capsules for a couple dozen people so they can avoid catching it and then wake up when the disease has passed or whatever. But when the people wake up, they find the place crawling with otherworldly monsters and plants.”

That sounds strangely similar to the anime Blue Gender. Does this King of Thorns have tons of blood and nudity, too?

Definitely has lots of blood, but not much in the way of nudity as far as I can remember. Mostly it’s just people running for their lives and trying to figure out what the heck’s happened to the world.

3. Scottt says:

Thanks for the recommendation (that’s what you did right?)
    My anime chum watched it a while ago and told me it sucked. I thought the premise sounded like something I would enjoy though so now I’m gonna watch it.

Well, it’s not like the most mind-blowing, awesometastic thing ever made, but like many things you should go into it without any expectations to get the most out of it. I liked it enough to recommend it people with similar tastes as me, at least.

4. Ian says:

Sounds pretty interesting, I think I’ll check it out.