A long while back, after finishing the Mother 3 translation, I still had the itch to translate neglected GBA games. My first choice was Tomato Adventure, and after what I learned from Mother 3, hacking this game was a cinch for the most part. I quickly realized, though, that the project was going to be a LOT more time and work than I could afford, so I had to drop the project.
I forgot about it for the most part until now, so I’ve decided to release the files, tools, and notes I put together for anyone who should want to mess with it themselves. Note that you can’t make a full translation with this stuff, think of it more as a stepping stone. I’ve also included a simple IPS patch that shows the various systems (script text, menu text, battle text, etc.) working, but only very little text has been translated. It’s basically a proof of concept I guess.
Anyway, you can get the file here!
And now for some videos and pics from various points during my work on it: