This Thing Still On?

I’m hoping to eventually make this place my new main site. I’m terrible at keeping blogs/sites updated though. But I think it’s time to get a lot of my old site’s content back up, I get a lot of questions about stuff that I can’t point people to anymore.

I’ve been working on a project for almost a year now. With any luck I’ll be able to open it up (even if it’s just for beta stuff) in the next few weeks. I think people might like it, or at least find it neat.

Been trying to keep up with gaming stuff more lately. Not much of it interests me anymore. I’ve had a hankerin lately for a simple console FPS – one where I can just sit down and blow things up for like five minutes, then stop and get back to work. I don’t want dumb story stuff and I don’t want to play online. Anybody have any suggestions? There are so many FPS games out there I don’t even know where to begin looking, heh.

7 Responses to “This Thing Still On?”

1. Chocolate Cake says:

Wow, I can’t wait to see what’s “the project.” It’s irritatingly exciting, after all =o

2. MG says:

Well, if you don’t want to play online and don’t want story, there isn’t too many FPS’s I could think of off the top of my head. Maybe Portal, just for the puzzles? It doesn’t have too much of a story, and it’s pretty short.

3. jackeccs says:

i was going to post something a few days ago but… i can’t think of any fps that fits that criteria either, people get fps games to play online mostly, and even then the single player still has story… lol

4. Mato says:

Aww, that’s too bad. I kinda just wanna blow stuff up for a few minutes at a time, with so many FPSs it’s weird that there’s nothing like that.

5. MG says:

Actually, now that I’ve thought a little more, you could play a sandbox game such as GTA, Mato. They’re open-ended, you don’t have to follow a story, and while you probably won’t progress in the game, you are allowed to just “blow stuff up for a few minutes.”

6. StageProps says:

Uhh, what about Counter Strike?

7. MG says:

Oh! Now I know! How ’bout something old school like Quake, or Doom, or something?